Religious

BENE MARIA SISTERS

A Congregation of Diocesan right, founded in 1958 by Bishop Martin in Ngozi, Burundi. The Sisters first arrived in the Diocese of Kigoma in 1968 at Marumba Parish. They serve in Kabanga, Kasangezi Kidahwe and Kigoma, with a Novitiate at Rusunwe, Kasulu (1994).

Contacts:

Sr. Theophila Saba

Bene Maria Superior

P.O. Box 71

Mobile: +255 756 623 035

THE SISTERS OF OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSEL (UGANDA)

A Congregation of a Diocesan right founded in 1943 by Bishop Michael Thomas LABREQUE. The Sisters from this Congregation have been working in the Diocese since 1963 in Kibondo later on in Mabamba Parish, Kigoma and Boni Consilii Girls’ Mabamba Secondary School.

Contacts:

Sr. Grace Mkosamali, OLGC

Representative of the Superior General

Masista wa Bikira Maria Mama wa Shauri Jema,

P.O. Box 86

Kibondo

E-mail: kibondozonelgc@gmail.com

Phone: +255 764 214 514

 

BENE THEREZIYA SISTERS (BURUNDI)

A Congregation of Pontifical right founded in 1933 by Bishop GORJU in Gitega, Burundi. The first came in the Diocese of Kigoma since 1970 in Muhinda and later on Kiganza Parishes. The Bene Thereziya Novitiate: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Novitiate, Mkuti (Iterambogo)  Kidahwe Parish.

Contacts:

Sr. Valeria Nijimbele
Representative of the Superior General

P.O. Box 79

Manyovu-Kasulu

 

BROTHERS OF CHARITY

A Congregation of Pontifical right, founded in 1807 by Peter Joseph TRIEST. Its missionaries have been working in Kigoma Diocese since 1997 at Kigoma (Maendeleo Youth Centre), Kihinga Newman College, Marumba and Kasaka Mental Hospital.

Contacts:

Bro. Chrisantus Rwehikiza

Regional Superior

P.O. Box 612

Kigoma-Tanzania

Tel/Fax: (028) 280 4182

Tel: 0759 081 674

E-mail:regional.superior@boc-tz.org

 

CARMELITE SISTERS (INDIA)

A Congregation of Pontifical right, founded in 1866. The Sisters of this Congregation have been working in the Diocese since 1982 at Katubuka Parish and Ujiji Girls Secondary School.

Contacts:

Sr. Philomena K V
Representative of the Superior General

P.O. Box 666

Kigoma, Tanzania

Tel: (0280 280 2449

0688158693

 

FRANCISCAN SISTERS (CONGO)

The Sisters came to the Diocese in 1994 and had been stationed to serve at Mwiramvya, St. Augustine Pastoral and Spiritual Center. St. Elizabeth DOCQUIER founded this Congregation of Pontifical right in Belgium in 1836.

Contacts:

Sr. Maria Cleophace Henry
Representative of the Superior General

P.O. Box 312

Kasulu, Tanzania

Tel:(028) 281 0091

0755298745

 

HOLY GHOST FATHERS

A Congregation of Pontifical right founded in 1703 in France by Francis LEBERMANN. The Spiritans have been working in our Diocese since 1997 rendering pastoral service to refugees while based in Nyakitonto. Recently they ran the first Agricultural Secondary School in the region of Kasumo.

Contacts:

Fr. Francis Lasway CSSP
Representative of the Superior General

Tel: 0754 790 079

 

MISSIONARIES OF AFRICA

Two centuries ago in January 1879, the Missionaries of Africa arrived in Kigoma. They opened all the parishes in our Diocese except Katubuka, Kalinzi and Uvinza. These are pioneer missionaries in our Diocese, founded by Charles Cardinal LAVIGERIE in Algiers, 1868. They are now at Kabanga and Mabamba Parishes.

Contacts:

Fr. Malumo Phelim, M.Afr
Representative of the Superior General

Tel: 0767 770 552

 

SISTERS OF OUR LADY QUEEN OF AFRICA (SUMBAWANGA)

Founded by Bishop Adolph LECHAPTOIS in 1903 as a Congregation of Diocesan right to serve in the then Vicariate of Tanganyika. This is a pioneer indigenous Congregation in our Diocese. They came in Kigoma in 1950. They currently serve in Kasulu, Kigoma, Makere, Kakonko, Mulera and Kigoma.

Contacts:

Sr. Honorina Mwehembe
Representative of the Superior General

Tel: 0765 801 919

 

THERESE SISTERS (BANYATEREZA-BUKOBA)

The Sisters came to the Diocese in 1973 and have been working in Nyaronga and Kigoma Parishes. This Congregation is of Diocesan right and was founded in 1932 by Bishop Burchard HUWILER of the Vicariate of Bukoba.

Contacts:

Sr. Praxeda Michael
Representative of the Superior General

Tel: 0786 041 693

 

VINCENTIAN CONGREGATION (INDIA)

A Congregation of Pontifical right founded in 1904 by Varkey KATARAH. The Missionaries of this Congregation have been working in our Diocese since 1988 at Katubuka and Uvinza Parishes.

Contacts:

Fr. Stephen Shiju
Representative of the Superior General

Contacts:

P.O. Box 771

Kigoma, Tanzania

Tel:(028) 280 3990

 

FRANCISCAN SISTERS (ST. BERNADETTE)

The Sisters of this Congregation have been working in the Diocese at Kakonko Dispensary and at Iterambogo Seminary. They arrived in 2008, Kakonko parish.

Contacts:

P.O. Box 771

Kigoma, Tanzania

Tel:+225 765 050 965

Sr. Paskazia Ibrahim
Representative of the Superior General

 

ROSEMINIANS SISTERS

They arrived in 2020 working at Kumugalika Pre/ and Pri/ School, Kibondo.

Contacts:

P. O. Box 71,

Kigoma, Tanzania

Tel: 0745 421 706

Sr. Imakulata Karisti

Representative of the Superior General

 

EVANGELIZING SISTERS OF MARY

They arrived in 2020 working at Bishop Mlola Pre/ and Pri/ School, Kigoma.

Contacts:

P. O. Box 71,

Kigoma, Tanzania

Tel: 0752 653 691

Sr. Elimulika Kyungai

Representative of the Superior General