KABANGA REFERAL HOSPITAL
Kabanga Referral Hospital is a non- profit private hospital owned by the Catholic Diocese of Kigoma. It was registered by the Tanzanian government in 1997 through the private hospital Act of 1977 through the Ministry of Health, (MOH) as a voluntary agency Hospital. The hospital was upgraded to become a referral hospital at the regional level in 2010 through the government gazette announcement no. 828 of November 2010.
This hospital was founded in 1951 by the Medical Missionaries of Mary organization. Initially, this hospital was established to provide outpatient services, especially leprosy patients, and later services for inpatients, not to mention the mobile clinic, which focused on providing basic health services and providing vaccinations to children in the Kigoma region.
It is located at latitude: -4.5101395 and longitude: 30.106778 Kasulu district in Kigoma region (8 KM from Kasulu City) Currently Kabanga referral hospital has 155 beds and serves about 2,470,967 patients according to the 2022 census. It serves patients from all districts of Kigoma region and refugees from Nyarugusu- Kasulu and Nduta- Kibondo camps.
This hospital receives referrals from various centers such as Kasulu District Hospital (Mlimani), Kiganamo Health Center, Shunga Health Center, Nyakitonto Health Center, Heri Mission Hospital etc. Similarly, the hospital provides referrals to Bugando Hospital, Benjamini Mkapa Hospital and Muhimbili Hospital.
For more about Kabanga referral, visit KABANGA REFERRAL HOSPITAL website (kabangahospital.com)